After talked about vitamins soluble in fat, I am going to talk about vitamins soluble in water.
Today I will show you something about C vitamin or Ascorbic acid.
Vitamin C is very important for our body and we need take it daily because it soluble in water, then we can store it for very long and we can manufacture it.
Ascorbic acid is needed to:
- Make the strong connective tissue (collagen) that holds your skeleton together, attaches your bones, builds strong blood vessels, and keeps yours organs and skin place;
- It is a powerful antioxidant because it mop up free radicals and helps others antioxidants do their work better;
- It helps immune system work better and manufacture many of your body´s hormones;
- It helps avoid cardiovascular disease, because it decrease blood pressure;
- Vitamin C helps who has allergies and asthma. It happens because when you exposure by an agent could cause allergy your immune system will produce histamine, and all symptoms of allergy and asthma appears. Then when you take vitamin C, it keeps your immune system from making as many histamines to begin with and helps you get them out of your bloodstream faster;
We could find vitamin C in citrus fruits, such as grapefruit, lemon, orange, tangerine, you could find it in acerola (80 times more vitamin C than orange), apple, banana, guava, kiwi, mango, papaya, pepper, pineapple, tomato, for example!
Therefore, vitamin C is very important: for athletics, for recovery surgery, for babies, for diabetic type 2 and even prevent cancer. So if I were you, I will take some of it!
Pressman, A. H., Vitamins and Minerals.