share. learn. thrive!
VEGA Sport System – PREPARE TIPS:
1. KNOW the VEGA system - The Vega system falls exactly into line of what helps make an athlete excel by being better prepared before with an increased focus during and faster recovery after. You can further refine your athletic development by using the great Vega nutritional products in their Prepare, Sustain and Recover phases; knowing the basics for what your body needs in each phase and for the general rules that apply for all.
For example: knowing that for an endurance athlete the amino acid L-Glutamine is the most valuable for recovery in order to increase endurance. It is also an ingredient in the Performance Protein.
2. KNOW your EFFORT - Understand that your ‘effort’ is more than just about the level of energy expended; it is about how to use the energy you put in to heal, grow and come back stronger.
3. PREPARE to SUSTAIN - The secret to sustaining during the activity lies in the focus given to prepare in the best possible nutritional way for you. The secret to prepare to sustain the best is done only by always focusing on your recovery needs and how to get the most from any effort.
4. Pack Light – Use of the bars, powders and gels can be tailored for convenience. Pre-mix or bring bars when you can. Don’t rip the top of the endurance gel all the way off or add tape to one end. Hold as you run and to finish, practice rolling and squeezing the gel to get all in.
5. Consider Nature – ASK Yourself… What season are you in, what season is your body in and what phase of development are you in? Are you making use of the vitality of eating locally and connecting to the energy available from considering and appreciating what nature can provide? Where will you get water and how? Think of the environment that the main event will take place in and know if there are any specific needs that should be focused on (electrolytes from sweating , iron levels from being at altitude ect.)
6. Adapt to Routine – Set up your access to Vega by having available what works… hand blender, shaker cup, gluten free pancake mix (to make Vega ONE pancakes!) , spot in fridge, frozen pre made Vega( frozen smoothie to add Performance Protein to after workouts), ect…ect…
7. Have fun – Mix up life by being creative and exercising your soul’s right to play. Do things such as grind up half an endurance bar with fresh berries to make your own jam…ect…ect…
Vega Ambassador, Ultra Trail, Mountain and Marathon Runner