Having been lifting weights for a few years, doing yoga for a bit less, and switching from a vegetarian to vegan diet last year, things weren't going so well with the workouts. I figured it was time to rethink the diet and program - almost start from scratch. So, I'm taking it by steps:
- dropped soy & wheat as much as possible, I think my gut has become sensitive to the stuff;
- rare cup of coffee;
- fruit and protein (rice & hemp) shake and oatmeal or granola mix in the morning;
- raw energy bar & fruit before workout;
- workout changed to simple body-weight routine;
- warmup: quick jog, several lunges w/twist, pushups, squats, leg lifts, situps, lying pullups, jumping jacks;
- high-rep body-weight workout: squats, elbow-out pushups, crunches, pullups, forward & reverse lunges, elbow-in pushups, russian twists, chinups;
- yoga: several seated, prone, and standing asanas to stretch out;
- more intense long yoga session only on every other day;
- raw energy bar & then health optimizer shake after workout;
- lunch (leftover from last nights entree) whenever I get hungry in mid-afternoon;
- afternoon tea sometimes;
- large salad & small entree for dinner;
- meditation/relaxation before bed.
It's only been a week or so...and it feels promising. But if I'm hitting all my reps and my legs can keep up with the intense yoga sessions, I'll switch up the workouts and start getting back to some weights and interval cardio. We'll see how it goes. I'm really hoping this helps my allergies, too.