share. learn. thrive!
A delicious, healthful smoothie for all you pumpkin pie lovers out there! It has the distinct taste of your mother's pumpkin pie thanks to the cinnamon and pumpkin puree - but with less calories and much more nutrition!
This recipe was shared by one of our creative community members, Shelia Entwistle - it is one of her all time fave post workout smoothies.
· 1 cup unsweetened almond, rice or soy milk
· 1 scoop vanilla chai Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer
· 1/2 frozen banana (freeze in small chunks)
· 4 generous tablespoonfuls frozen, unsweetened, plain pumpkin puree (freeze in mounds on wax paper ahead of time, then place in bags and store in the freezer)
· 1/8 to 1/4 tsp cinnamon to taste
Blend together choice of milk, Health Optimizer, and cinnamon until smooth. Add frozen banana and pumpkin and blend until smooth. Enjoy!!