share. learn. thrive!
· 2lbs of potatoes (Krystal used small red potatoes)
· ½ cup whole wheat or rice flour
· Extra virgin olive oil
· Cocktail tomatoes
· Salt & Pepper
· Curry powder
1. Chop garlic, onions and julienne radishes.
2. Cut small red potatoes into quarters and boil until tender. Drain potatoes and return them to the hot (empty) pot you boiled them in to dry for 1-2 minutes.
3. As potatoes cool, pan sear onions, garlic, spinach and herbs/spices with a drop of olive oil.
4. Mash potatoes and mix with pan ingredients, olive oil and more spices if desired.
5. Stir in julienned radishes.
6. Form small pucks with potato mixture and dip cakes in flour.
7. Pan sear cakes with a drop of olive oil until golden brown on each side.
Place cakes on a non-stick baking sheet in the oven at 375º F for 10-15 minutes, to re-heat in time for your meal.
Slice tomatoes and thinly slice avocado to serve on top of cakes with a pinch of salt & pepper.
Drizzle Vega EFA Oil over cakes and on plate before serving.
(You can refrigerate these cakes for up to three days, re-heating them in the oven as instructed.)