So, I spent about an hour looking online for a candy mold, ice cream mold, pop sickle mold etc. to make better powerbars. The idea was to line the mold with a layer of the blueberry coco powerbar mix then inlay the frozen blue berries then cap them off with more mix. All of this would be done with plastic wrap already in the mold to make extraction and processing easier.
Well I have not found a mold yet, still looking. Instead what I did was place a small 1/4" layer of material down in a rectangle the high of the bars I desired and the width of 5 or 6 bars. I then built up material all around the edges 1/3" and built up edges to separate the bars on top of the 1/4" layer.
What I had essentially then was one layer of 1/4" and walls outlining 5 or 6 bars on top of this layer.
Then I took the blue berries out of the freezer and defrosted them just enough to remove excess liquid and placed them inside each of the bars.
Going one bar at a time, I placed the top material on the bar paying very close attention to where the "walls" met to ensure a proper seal.
Then I would cut the bar I just covered OFF of the main group and slide it to the side and package.
What I am left with is 5 to 6 bars with all the filling inside the main bar material. My first batch of bars just pressed the mix down onto blue berries contained in a wall. This meant one side of the bar would have a lot of blue berries and when defrosted was a mess to deal with.
When wrapping the bars tap them on each side against the counter to square off more. You can also use the knife you used to separate them to square them off.
I have included a blurry picture of one bar removed from the stack with 4 bars remaining and 2 bars remaining.
So to sumarize, the blueberries are completely contained inside the bar, and no more mess. Still looking for a mold if any of you spot one let me know!